Our ASPIRE ethos is built upon the strands of:
Our ASPIRE ethos supports everything we do and acknowledges the role that rich, broad and engaging experiences have on pupils’ understanding (and retention) of key knowledge and skills. The strands help to ensure that academic success, creativity and problem solving, responsibility and resilience, as well as physical development, well-being and mental health are central to the development of the whole child. The learning journeys built within our curriculum, supported with our ASPIRE ethos, will help to ensure that the pupils at Willow Green will become well-rounded individuals and who are prepared for the next stage in their learning journey.
- Pupils learn to set goals and meet challenges and set high expectations for themselves.
- Achievements are celebrated and supported through regular rewards and events
- Pupils have high aspirations for the future and know that these can be reached through hard work and determination.
- Pupils are confident and proud of their achievements, they are independent and resilient and display a thirst for learning and a dedication to reaching the highest possible standards.
- Pupils know how to keep themselves and others safe and take an active role in caring for others and the community around them.
- Pupils demonstrate an understanding around the importance of physical health and mental wellbeing.
- Pupils feel safe and secure with the freedom to express themselves and understand how they can contribute to creating a safe and secure environment for others.
- Pupils take pride in who they are and what they do and are proud of the school community they represent.
- Pupils take pride in the high standards they set for themselves, the work that they produce and the progress they make.
- They recognise the successes of others and actively promote and embody the ethos and vision of the school.
- They are proud of their local history and how this fits in with wider regional, national and global history.
- Pupils are encouraged to support one another and to celebrate the achievements of all members of the school community.
- Pupils develop the fundamental life skills that enable them to take on challenges independently and with confidence.
- Pupils are supported in recognising and developing a sense of identity and belonging.
- They understand and respect differences and are proud of their individual and collective identities.
- Pupils are knowledgeable about the local community, our country and our world and develop a clear understanding of different cultures, circumstances and backgrounds.
- Pupils take responsibility and accountability for their own actions and understand the impact they can have on the world around them.
- Pupils have a responsible attitude towards their learning and personal development and are encouraged to reflect on their achievement and personal challenges.
- A climate of challenge and support promotes resilience in the pupils at Willow Green; they understand the learning process and the importance of challenge and resilience.
- Pupils take responsibility for themselves, others and the environment. They understand the role they play, individually and collectively to ensure support, improve and affect the people and world around them.
- We are committed to the notion that high-quality experiences drive high-quality learning through the generation of pupils’ engagement and intrigue.
- Children will receive a diet of rich and varied experiences which are used as stimulus for learning and development and will capture their imaginations across the curriculum.
- As pupils move through school they will encounter a broad range of curriculum enrichment experiences which will stimulate their curiosity, strengthen their understanding and widen their independent interests.
- Pupils will be encouraged and supported to pursue their interests and to make independent choices around their own learning and development.
- Pupils will engage with the local community and local environment regularly. Educational visits and outdoor learning will enhance the learning and provide extra stimulus within the curriculum.