Uniform is an important part of the Academy’s identity and it reinforces who we are as a community and helps pupils to feel pride in their school.
Our school uniform is compulsory from Upper Foundation (Reception) to Y6. It is optional in Lower Foundation (Nursery)
Our uniform is:
- Blue v-neck sweatshirt/cardigan (with or without logo)
- White polo shirt/shirt (with or without logo)
- White shirt and tie for Year 6 pupils
- Grey trousers/skirt/pinafore
- Plain black shoes/trainers that should be appropriate and in good condition.
- In the summer or warmer weather children can wear tailored shorts, culottes or blue gingham dresses
All clothing should be clearly named.
You can purchase trousers, skirts, pinafores and plain polo shirts/shirts from any supplier. The embroidered polo shirt, sweatshirt/cardigan, and other items can be purchased from www.sptuniforms.co.uk. Ties must be purchased from the school office.
PE sessions could take place indoors or outside, therefore we advise that pupils have the appropriate PE kits which should include:
- Black PE shorts, white PE Shirt (plain or with academy logo)
- Additional warm outdoor PE wear: plain tracksuit top and bottoms (No football strips or hoods)
- Appropriate footwear must be worn that is suitable for playing inside or outside. (This footwear should be separate from any footwear used for general school uniform as they may get wet and muddy).
We encourage children to bring their kit in on Monday and take it home on Friday.
In the interest of health and safety jewellery is not worn in school. If your child has pierced ears, one small stud ear-ring in each lobe may be worn but must be covered (or removed) for PE with tape supplied by parents and must be removed for swimming.
Children in Year 4 have the opportunity to go swimming and will need a swimming costume or trunks and a towel.