Uniform is an important part of the Academy’s identity and it reinforces who we are as a community and helps pupils to feel pride in their school.
Our school uniform is compulsory from Upper Foundation (Reception) to Y6. It is optional in Lower Foundation (Nursery)
From 1st September 2019 our uniform will be:
- Embroidered blue v-neck sweatshirt/cardigan
- White polo shirt/shirt (with or without logo)
- White shirt and tie for Year 6 pupils
- Grey trousers/skirt/pinafore
- Footwear should be appropriate and in good condition (preferably black shoes)
- In the summer or warmer weather children can wear tailored shorts or culottes – no checked summer dresses please
All clothing should be clearly named.
Please note – if the current academy uniform still fits your child, we do not expect this to be replaced for September 2019. There will be a transitional period where your child can wear either uniform until 1st September 2021.
You can purchase trousers, skirts, pinafores and plain polo shirts/shirts from any supplier. The embroidered polo shirt, sweatshirt/cardigan, ties and other items can be purchased from www.sptuniforms.co.uk.
The children will need a pair of dark blue or black shorts, plain white T shirt, tracksuits for colder weather and a pair of pumps or trainers.
We encourage children to bring their kit in on Monday and take it home on Friday.
In the interest of health and safety jewellery is not worn in school. If your child has pierced ears, one small stud ear-ring in each lobe may be worn but must be covered (or removed) for PE with tape supplied by parents and must be removed for swimming.
Children in Year 4 have the opportunity to go swimming and will need a swimming costume or trunks and a towel.