Academy Advisory Body
At Willow Green Academy, we understand that starting school is an important step in your child's life and we aim to make your child's time with us as happy, enjoyable and successful as we possibly can.
We believe very strongly in a meaningful partnership with parents. Staff and Academy Advisory Body members all work together to support your child's learning to help them achieve the best they can.
Your views are important to us and we welcome your comments on how well the academy is doing and ways in which you think we can improve.
The role of the Academy Advisory Body
The Academy Advisory Body is a corporate body. They have considerable responsibilities working as part of a governing body but not as individuals.
The Academy Advisory Body sets the general direction of the school, with the main aim always being to provide a high standard of education for all pupils of all abilities.
Members do not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school as this is the role of the Head of Academy and senior leadership team.
The main role of the Academy Advisory Body is to:-
- Help the academy to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets and priorities for school improvement.
- Constantly keep the work of the academy under review, developing, agreeing and reviewing policies to ensure they will help to raise standards.
- Have a clear understanding of the work of the academy, offer support and advice but also questioning and challenging in order to make improvements.
- Help the academy respond to the needs of parents and the wider community
- Hold the academy accountable to the public for what it does.
The Academy Advisory Body must have a professional attitude and use its collective skills to benefit the children, parents and community.
If you are interested in becoming a member or would like more information, please contact the academy. Email: email@example.com
If you have any concerns, ideas or would simply like to make contact with Mr Tony Lenc our Chair of AAB, you can make contact using the Academy email firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address marked clearly for their attention.
The postal addess is:
c/o Willow Green Academy
13th December 2018
7th March 2019
24th June 2019
Willow Green Academy AAB Members
|Name||Representation||Date of election|
|Mr T Lenc||Chair of AAB||September 2018|
|Mr S Wynn||Head of Academy||January 2017|
|Mrs T Bartle||Delta||March 2017|
|Ms S Taylor||Delta Safeguarding/ LAC Lead||September 2018|
|Mrs L Smith||Delta||February 2018|
|Mrs L Maddock||Delta||March 2018|